What is in-center dialysis?
Hemodialysis is a procedure used to mimic the kidney’s normal function required when a patient loses kidney function. In-center hemodialysis requires you receive treatments at a specific dialysis center at a designated time for hemodialysis treatments usually 3-4 times weekly. A specially trained interdisciplinary staff will help you with your dialysis. A team of nurses and technicians will perform your dialysis treatment. A renal dietitian will assist you with managing your diet and a social worker will help you with your psychological or social issues.
For those who prefer in-center hemodialysis, Rogosin Institute has ten locations across the New York Metropolitan Area, including dialysis centers in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan.
When Is In-Center Hemodialysis an Option?
In-center hemodialysis is often preferred for patients who are not ready for a kidney transplant or who are not candidates for a home dialysis modality and wish to have access to our physicians, nurse practitioners, and facility administrators, which are all available to you during your in-center dialysis sessions. Our patients can relax and feel comfortable in our light, bright and modern facilities. At Rogosin we strive to give you the preparation and tools you need to do well while on dialysis.
What Does In-Center Dialysis Involve?
Hemodialysis is usually performed 3-4 times a week and lasts for approximately 4 hours. A special type of access called an arteriovenous (AV) fistula or arteriovenous (AV) graft, is placed surgically in your arm – preferably before you start dialysis treatments. This involves joining an artery and a vein together. Once the access has been established, Certified Hemodialysis Technicians connect you to a hemodialysis machine to filter the blood and remove waste substances and fluid, then return the blood to your bloodstream.
What Are the Benefits of In-Center Hemodialysis at Rogosin?
As one of the largest not-for-profit dialysis providers in the New York metropolitan area some of the many benefits of choosing to visit Rogosin Institute for in-center hemodialysis include the following:
- At Rogosin we work together to give you the tools you need to live your best life on dialysis
- Rogosin offers behaviors health services chairside to ensure your mental well-being.
- Dialysis accesses are monitored closely for early detection of narrowing allowing preventative intervention
- Hemodialysis is tailored to each patient’s individual medical needs – some patients require more frequent hemodialysis
- Rogosin team members answer any and all questions to help you determine if a kidney transplant or home modality is right for you
- Patients benefit from the availability of new treatments resulting from Rogosin’s basic and extensive clinical research programs
- Rogosin has eight dialysis centers in the metropolitan area including Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Queens
- Permanent, seasonal or transient dialysis is available
Where Can I Receive In-Center Hemodialysis at Rogosin?
If you are interested in in-center hemodialysis, visit the Rogosin Institute, recognized as one of the country’s premier centers for the diagnosis and management of kidney disease. Our doctors lead the way in dialysis treatment for patients in the New York Metropolitan Area and beyond.